The Indigenous Literacy Foundation (ILF) is an initiative and charity of the Australian book industry drawing on its diverse range of expertise, skills and resources. It works with the support of the Australian Booksellers Association, the Australian Publishers Association, and the Australian Society of Authors.
The ILF's purpose is to make a difference to the lives of Indigenous families by not only gifting thousands of new culturally appropriate books – with a focus on early literacy and first language - but also by running programs to inspire the communities to tell and publish their own stories.
Become an ILF Member bookshop in the International Year of Indigenous Languages more details HERE
For more information visit indigenousliteracyfoundation.org.au
Bookshops can raise funds throughout the year.
There are plenty of simple ways bookshops can help raise funds at any time during the year:
- Display an ILF donation box and flyers on the counter
- Ask for a gold coin donation at any instore events
- Gold coin donation for gift wrapping
- Stock and support ILF published titles
- Host ILF author events or events celebrating Indigenous heritage
- Include pictures and stories about ILF in your newsletters
Help the ILF spread the word and raise funds to support the program:
- Request the ILF logo and display it online
- Like the ILF's socials and spread the word about the ILF through social media
- Tell customers about ILF and Indigenous Literacy Day
- Approach local schools to participate in the annual Great Book Swap
DONATION BOX CAMPAIGN
An ILF donation box is an easy way to support the Foundation. Contact the ILF for a donation box, brochures, posters, as well as for instructions for forwarding collected donations.