The ABA Text Publishing Bookseller of the Year award recognises an individual bookseller for their outstanding achievement in the past twelve months. The winner will not only be identified for their exceptional performance within the bookshop that they work but also for their achievements within the book industry as well as the local and wider community. This award gives booksellers the chance to exhibit their retailing skills, and be recognised by their peers, the book industry, and the general community for their career achievements, innovation and outstanding performance in their stores. The recipient of the award will receive $1,000.
Nominations for 2021 are now closed
- Nominees must have worked as a bookseller either as an employee or proprietor for at least five years.
2. The nominee can self-nominate or be nominated by a peer, employer, or colleague and must work at an ABA member bookshop.
3. The judging is made by a panel. No correspondence will be entered into.
4. Not open to Management Committee (employees of Management Committee members can be nominated)
5. Previous winners are not eligible to be nominated
6. CLOSING DATE: 5:00 pm Friday 14th May
2020: Alison Huber, Readings Carlton
2019: Suzie Bull, Farrell's Bookshop
2018: Chris Redfern, Avenue Bookstore
2017: Catherine Schultz, Fullers Bookshop
2016: Anna Low, The Potts Point Bookshop & Deb Force, The Sun Bookshop
2015: Karen Ferris, Berkelouw Books
2014: Jenny Barry, Books Plus
2013: Martin Shaw, Readings
2012: Meera Govil, Eltham Bookshop
2011: Lindy Jones, Abbey's Bookshop